The Parish Finance Council advises the business manager on parish finances, helps the staff prepare the annual parish budget and presents the budget to the business manager and pastor for approval. This council also shares in the long-range financial planning of the parish.
Per Canon law, every parish is required to have a finance committee. Members of the committee are appointed by the pastor. The purpose of the finance committee is to advise the pastor and the business manager in all financial matters pertaining to the parish. This includes:
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual parish budget
- Regular reviews of parish financial reports
- Providing oversight of the parish’ accounting procedures
- Regular updates to parishioners on the financial well-being of the parish
- Assist in capital projects
- Oversee parish fundraising
The Finance Council meets the last Tuesday in January, February, March, May, June, August, September, October, and November.
For more information, please contact Business Manager Scott Hungler.